What is AutoRecover?
AutoRecover, a feature that is available in some Office applications, attempts to recover files automatically in the event of data loss. By default, Microsoft Office provides AutoRecover option which can recover unsaved PowerPoint, Word, Excel files! If the “Save AutoRecover info every“box is checked, it is possible to recover the unsaved excel files.
If you delete an important excel file accidently or have a saved Excel file lost due to unknown reasons, uFlysoft Data Recovery comes in. uFlysoft Data Recovery for Mac is one of the best Mac data recovery software and it is sure to recover a deleted, or lost excel file on Mac. And it also can recover photos, emails, videos, audios, archives, and other documents from internal/external hard drive, flash drive, mp3 player, digital camera, memory stick, memory card, iPod, etc.
uFlysoft Data Recovery can be a lifesaver for many of us. Losing important files can be a big problem for us. Fortunately, this software solves this issue. Overall, this is a good data recovery software for Mac.
You can try this data recovery software below. It is a professional Mac data recovery software which is powerful enough to retrieve deleted or lost excel files easily.
Steps to recover deleted or lost Excel files on Mac
- Download and install uFlysoft Data Recovery on Mac, then launch it. And choose one of the scan modes to continue.
- Then this excel file recovery will list all hard drives and external devices (if you want to recover excel file from external devices, you have to connect the device to your Mac), then choose the drive where the deleted or lost excel files have been stored. If you only want to recover excel files, you can select “Document” and click the gear like icon to use the file filters feature to find your excel files in a short time.
- Click “Scan” to scan your deleted or lost excel files. This excel recovery tool can make sure all the lost excel files will be found and retrieved. The scanning process will take you some time.
- After this excel recovery tool find all deleted or lost excel files, then it will list them on the left column. You can click each excel file to preview, then select all excel files you want to recover and click “Recover” button to get all lost excel files back.
Overall, it’s very easy to recover excel files even when you deleted them by mistake or lost them. All you have to do is to follow the steps we mentioned above. And there are some tips for you to avoid losing data from documents including excel files.
- Enable “Save AutoRecover info every“option, just as I introduced before. This helps you recover word, excel files automatically in the event of data loss.
- Do not use AutoRecover as a substitute for regularly saving your files by clicking save button.
- The best way to preserve your work is to save your files frequently.
- Protect your computer from virus attack, because virus can make your excel, word files corrupted.
- Always create a backup copy of your document files or upload your documents to cloud.