Are you looking for ways to recover deleted files on Mac? Have you mistakenly deleted an imperative file? Are you wondering what to do next? There are a lot of people who lose their files every day. There are plenty of ways through which you can restore your files. You can use a data recovery software. It is the easiest way to retrieve all the files. If you don’t want to use a software, you can use iCloud or Time Machine.
Take a look at how to recover deleted files on Mac.
Recovering Deleted Files Through iCloud
If you store your files on iCloud Drive, it is a good habit because you will have a backup. It often happens that you accidentally delete files that you needed. In case, you delete any file on iCloud on your Mac, you can recover it from iCloud.com. When you delete any file on your Mac, it goes to the Trash bin. You can either empty the trash bin and remove the file or restore it.
In the same way, when you delete files from iCloud, the files exist online. There is no trash bin in iCloud Drive, but there is a cloud storage service. This is the way you can gain access to the deleted files. The deleted files can be restored even if you have emptied the trash bin on your Mac. But you must restore the files within 30 days. After the 30 days, the files are permanently deleted. This is the best solution to the data loss problem.
Step to Recover Deleted Files on Mac using iCloud
Here the steps for you to follow for restoring your files through iCloud.
- Launch Safari or any web browser of your choice
- You must go to iCloud.com
- Here you should enter the Apple ID username and password
- Next, you should go to settings
- Go to Advanced at the bottom left corner, click on Restore Files
- Choose the files that you need to restore and tick the boxes before the files
- If you need to restore all the files, you can click Select All
- Click Restore Files
How to Retrieve Data Time Machine
Another great way to recover deleted files on Mac is through Time Machine. You can easily restore files if you regularly backup with Time Machine. You just have to follow these simple steps.
- You have to launch the Time Machine
- Choose the iCloud Drive folder
- The copy of older version of your iCloud Drive files will be displayed
- Select the files that you want to recover and restore them
In the end, it is easy and simple to recover deleted files on Mac using iCloud or Time Machine. You can not only restore deleted files but also contacts and calendars as well. It is recommended that you must always back up your files on an external hard drive. In this way, you don’t have to worry about losing the files.